Compact X-ray cabinets : presentation
To characterise small parts, components and materials, Lemer Pax relies on its long-standing expertise in the design and manufacture of standard and customised compact X-ray cabinets.
Steps to follow to create your compact X-ray cabinets
- Preparation of the specifications: dimensions, volumes, specific requirements, source types, etc.
- Radiation protection calculations: definition of the radiation protection materials and their thicknesses
- Determination of the type of framework depending on the lead thicknesses and assembly methods chosen:
- For thin layers of lead (0.5 to 5 mm): “Sandwich” panels: Panoplomb® panels (shielded plywood support), Mélaplomb® (shielded laminated panel) or steel plates on metal framework.
- For thicker layers of lead (from 5 mm): Lead supported on metal framework (good mechanical strength guaranteed – radiation protection continuity) and walls made of Steel – Lead – Steel layers.
- Manufacture and installation of the compact cabinet in our workshops
- Installation of safety equipment: indicator lights on management electrical cabinet, lighting, door safety contacts, etc.
- Addition of optional equipment: conveyors for motorised introduction removal of parts, ventilation, ergonomic handling trays, lift table, etc.
- Installation of ancillary and/or complementary radiation protection equipment:
- Validation of radiation protection by an accredited organisation: 100 % guarantee of compliance